In order to create more complex audits, Insite gives you the ability to mix and match different status options across a list. For example, the first part of an audit could be a set of questions with 'Yes' & 'No' responses and the second part of the audit could be a review of the on-site H&S conditions with scores of 'Poor', 'Average' and 'Good' as the responses.
In order to set an audit up like this we would need to break the list up into sections. See Organise items using sections (Enterprise plans only).
You would also need to create a custom status group that includes all of the available options. See Customise status options.
This article explains how we can limit the available status options to a certain subset for each section.
- Only Project Admins can access the Status options part of the project settings and therefore other users cannot create or update custom Status groups.
- List sections are a Premium feature, so you may not have the ability to organise your list on certain licenses. Without having access to this feature, you cannot limit the status options on sections.
1. Go to the list of the items which you would like to organise into sections.
2. Tap the Item actions button located on the left-hand side of the toolbar at the bottom of your screen.
3. Choose Add items to section from the menu which pops up. Your items will now move over to the right and reveal their checkboxes.
4. Check the items which you would like to add to a section and tap the ✓ which is now located in place of the Items actions button on the left-hand side of the toolbar at the bottom of your screen.
5. You will be presented with the Sections popup. You can now either:
- select existing sections to add the selected items to, or
- create a new section by typing the name of your new section into the Filter or add new box
6. Once you have chosen the section to add the selected items to, tap Done. The items will now be added to the chosen section.
7. Tap on the section actions ⋯ button for the section that you would like to limit the options for.
8. Choose Limit section status options from the list of section actions.
9. You will be presented with the Limit section status options popup. Use the checkboxes to specify which of the status options should be available to items within this section.
10. Once you have chosen the status options, tap Done. Only the checked status' will be available to items in this section.