! This article has been superseded since update 1.12.0 by the following:
- You can only add external collaborators on Enterprise level plans. You will not have this option on a Basic or Team plan.
- Only Project Admins are able to add and manage project collaborators. If you are not a Project Admin you will only be able to view the project collaborators.
You can invite Insite users to your projects from outside of your organisation. These are users who are not a part of your Insite Plan. You may want to do this so that your clients, consultants, or others can collaborate on certain lists on your project, for example, to create a client snag list. Don't worry, they won't be able to see all of your lists and they also have limited permissions compared to regular Internal Project Users which are:
- They are unable to create new lists.
- They can only view lists that have the privacy set to Open.
- They can add items to Open lists.
- They can create reports on Open lists.
- They can only delete items on Open lists which they have created.
They still will not have permission to delete the list as that is only available to Project Admins and the list creator.
External users can be promoted to Internal users by a Plan Admin after they have been added to the project. See Promote External user to Internal.
To add project collaborators from outside of your organisation:
1. From the home screen go to Your project.
2. You will now be presented with the project overview screen.
3. Tap the Collaborators button in the top right of the screen to view the current collaborators.
4. Tap the Blue ⊕ button in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
5. Enter the email address of the external user who you would like to add to the project in the input field under the Search & invite users heading. Note: You can enter multiple email addresses in the search box if you separate them using commas.
6. Tap Search. You will be presented with the users to invite pop over. If the user(s) exist(s) and they are not already part of the project then their name(s) will appear in the pop-up. If their email address is shown instead of their name then no account has been found in which case you can invite them to the project - see Invite new users to your project. Note: If you cannot find the user(s), double-check the email address(es) and ask them to check that they are not in private mode.
7. When you have found the user(s) tap Add. The user(s) will now be added to your project.