Associated how to
Please see Working offline.
Most common cause of the symptom
You have added an image to an item or project from your device whilst offline and it has not yet been uploaded to the cloud.
When offline image saving is enabled you can create new items with images, add new images to existing items, edit existing images and add project images without a connection. These are added to a queue and will usually synchronise the next time your device finds a stable connection. However:
- In some cases your device connection may not be stable enough to complete the upload of the image and so when you view the same project or item on another device, it will know that a change has been made but the new image will not yet be available.
- Or, your device connection might be stable but the image is still in a queue behind other images which have been added offline. Queued images are uploaded sequentially and, depending upon your connection, images can sometimes take longer than expected to upload.
- In other cases, the upload may completely fail and so the image will also be unavailable.
- Go to the item or project on the device that you added the image from. You should see an orange ↻ icon to the top left of the image to indicate that it is pending synchronisation.
- Ensure that your device has a good connection. If you are in an area of patchy connection we recommend switching the device to aeroplane mode until you are able to find a good mobile or wifi network. Each time your device finds a new connection, the images in the queue will start to synchronise again.
- If you have added a lot of images whilst offline you may simply have to wait for the queued images to upload. Queued images are uploaded sequentially and, depending upon your connection, images can sometimes take longer than expected to upload.
- If you suspect that the image has failed to upload, you can tap on it bring up the actions and remove it. Afterwards, you can try to add the image again. See Add, edit & remove images.
If you are still having issues, please get in touch with us by emailing email@example.com