Insite Teams is designed to boost your productivity by taking your audits online and allowing collaboration between your team. However, when collaborating, there are certain rights that some users should have and other users should not. This article will explain the different permissions which are granted to each user role.
There are two roles that you can assign to collaborators on your projects:
- Project Admin
By using Insite Teams collaboratively, you can:
- Increase efficiency of the audit procedure via
- Collaborative contribution to audits by multiple users, and
- Assignment of tasks within the platform, mitigating the requirement to issue reports via email etc
- Increase the speed of close out via
- Real-time in-app and email notifications of updates to items
- Improve your records via
- See also Add & invite users to your project (Enterprise plan). Note: only Project Admins are able to add and manage collaborators. Other users can only view the collaborators.
- For an explanation of roles for Enterprise plans, see User roles & permissions explained (Enterprise plan).
- Collaboration is not available on Basic plans.
As a general overview:
Project Admins have more permissions than Internal users. Such as the ability to manage the collaborators and the project details.
Internal users have limited permissions but are still able to create new lists and create and manage templates.
The following table illustrates the exact permissions for each role (before any re-assignment of permissions at a list level):
|View project & details||✓||✓|
|Manage project details||✓||×|
|Archive, unarchive & delete project||✓||✓|
|Add & remove collaborators and update their roles||✓||×|
|Customise terminology & status groups||✓||×|
|Manage assignees and locations||✓||✓|
|Manage list details||All lists||Their own lists|
|Delete lists||All lists||Their own lists|
|*Users can only view lists that have been made available to them. See Update who has access to a list.|
|Add photos and comments||✓||✓|
|Update & delete item details, assignees & locations||✓||✓|
|Update item status||✓||✓|