By default, GPS data is recorded against images uploaded to and taken within Insite, however, some devices may not support capturing the GPS coordinates. In some cases, recording the GPS coordinates against all of the images in an audit may be a requirement (for example if the evidence is required to follow some regulation). If this is the case, you can prevent images from being added to a list if they don't have any GPS coordinate data.
- Only the List Creator or a Project Admin can update a List's details & settings. If you are not either of these you will only be able to view the details & settings.
Prevent images from being uploaded without GPS data
1. From the home screen go to Your project - see Create a project.
2. You will now be presented with the project overview screen.
3. Go to your project lists.
4. Tap on the List which you would like to edit.
5. Tap the Reports & Details tab above the search bar at the top of the screen on the right-hand side.
6. Tap the List details card under the reports heading.
7. Tap on the switch next to Images must have GPS coordinates under the Settings heading. If the switch is blue, users will not be able to add images to the list that do not have any GPS coordinates data associated with them. If the switch is grey, any images can be added to this list.
8. To save your changes make sure to tap ✓ in the top right of your screen when you are done. The list's details will now be updated.
Please sign in to leave a comment.