GPS coordinates can be recorded against images uploaded to and taken within Insite to help improve the credibility of inspections. The GPS coordinates are either:
- recorded as images are taken using the camera via the Insite mobile/tablet app or,
- it may already exist on an image file if the image is being uploaded to Insite (via either the mobile/tablet app or web app)
This article outlines a setting that can be used to disable this feature.
- When taking images through the mobile/tablet app, permission must also be granted by the device.
- Toggle whether GPS coordinates are saved against images
- Granting permission to save location data on an iOS device
- Granting permission to save location data on an Android device
1. Toggle whether GPS coordinates are saved against images
1.1. From the home screen go to Menu > Settings.
1.2. Tap Images under the General heading.
1.3. Tap on the switch next to the Save image GPS coordinates under the Image heading to choose whether or not to record GPS coordinates when images are uploaded to or taken with Insite. If the switch is blue the GPS coordinates will be saved. If the switch is grey the coordinates will not be.
2. Granting permission to save location data against images taken on an iOS device
2.1. Open the Settings app (not the settings in Insite).
2.2. Go to Privacy.
2.3. Choose Location services.
2.4. Look for Insite in the list and change the settings Whilst using the app to allow the data to be saved.
3. Granting permission to save location data against images taken on an Android device
3.1. See this link https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6179507?hl=en