! This article has been superseded since update 1.12.0 by the following:
- You can only add External collaborators on Enterprise level plans. You will not have this option on a Basic or Team plan.
- Only Plan Admins are able to add and manage project collaborators. If you are only a Plan Admin you will only be able to add and remove External users.
You can invite Insite Teams users to your projects from outside of your organisation. These are users who are not a part of your Insite Teams Plan. See Adding project collaborators from outside of your organisation.
You can then promote these users to Internal which will add them to your plan and give them the same permissions as the other Internal users. Note that this will promote them to an Internal user on all of the projects they are a part of under the current plan.
To promote a user from External to Internal:
1. From the home screen go to Your project.
2. You will now be presented with the project overview screen.
3. Tap the Collaborators button in the top right of the screen to view the current collaborators.
4. Tap on the user who you would like to promote.
5. Tap Promote to Internal user. You will now be presented with an Are you sure alert, select Add to confirm and add them to your plan. This user's role will change to Internal and their label will have changed on their user card on the Collaborators page.
Please sign in to leave a comment.