With Insite you can quickly create multiple items thanks to the intuitive features. To do so, first, start by Creating an item. You will either have just one item if you created a blank item or created one using your camera, or you will already have multiple items generated from your image library. In any scenario, you will see the toolbar at the bottom which consists from left to right of:
- The item back arrow ❮
- The Edit button
- The Copy button
- The item forward arrow ❯ or the new item + button
Each button has a different purpose to help you quickly add multiple items as follows:
Using the item back ❮, item forward ❯ and new item + buttons
When creating multiple items you are making use of the New item feed which is effectively a bunch of items that you are able to scroll through. When you are at the end of the feed you can add an additional item to it.
1. Use the new item + button to add a new item into your New item feed. You will now see the number at the top of the page in the blue toolbar has been updated to show the number of items you are currently creating and you will be presented with a new item to edit.
2. You can now use the item back arrow ❮ to go back through your previous items.
3. If you have gone back to previous items you can now use the item forward arrow ❯ to go back to the latest items.
4. As you scroll through the items you will notice the number at the top of the page in the blue toolbar change to reflect which item you are currently viewing.
5. To update your new items' details see:
- Add, edit and remove images
- Update item details
- Assign items to assignees and locations
- Add, edit and remove comments
7. Tap the ✓ in the top right of your screen when you are done. Your new items will be created and saved to the list.
Using the Edit button
When you are creating multiple items at once you have the ability to update the information of all of the items in the New items feed at once. This is done using the Edit button as follows:
1. Once you have some items in the New items feed, tap Edit on the bottom toolbar.
2. Enter details which you would like to apply to all of the current items. The checkboxes will automatically select when you enter the details.
3. When you are done make sure the checkboxes are checked for the fields to which you would like to apply the updates and tap the ✓ in the top right of your screen. All of the items in your feed will now be updated with this new information.
Note: You can also use this feature to remove information from all of the items in your feed. To do so, leave the field blank but check the checkbox next to it. When you tap ✓ this field will now be made blank for all of your current items. For information on how to edit multiple items after they have been saved see Edit multiple items at once.
Using the Copy button
Another feature when adding multiple items at once is Copy. This allows you to transfer information across from the last item in the feed to any new items. For example, if you were creating multiple items which you knew were going to have the same title you could enter your title on the first item and then copy the title field across to all of your new items each time you press the new item + button. To do this:
1. Once you have some items in the New items feed, tap Copy on the bottom toolbar.
2. Check the fields which you would like to copy across to new items and tap Done. The fields which you selected will now be auto-filled on new items.
Note: You are unable to copy across comments.