Assignees are added to items by choosing them from a list. You are able to select as many assignees as you would like for each item and you can update these at any time. See Set up and edit project assignees for more information on managing the assignees on your projects.
You can also associate collaborators with your project assignees (Starter & Enterprise plans only). This means that the associated collaborator will receive notifications when they are assigned to items and when any updates are made to those items, see Link project users to assignees.
- The term Assignee may have been customised to something more relevant to your workflow under the project settings.
1. Create an item or open up an item you would like to edit.
2. Go to the Assignees heading and tap Select or add.
3. If your assignees are already set up at your project level then you can choose the assignees by checking them. If you have a lot of assignees on the project then you can filter them using the Filter or add new input field.
If the assignee is not listed then you can simply add a new one by entering the name in the Filter or add a new input field and tapping Create assignee: [new name] to add them to the list.
4. When you are done selecting assignees, tap Ok. Your item assignees will be updated.
5. Tap ✓ in the top right of your screen when you are done to save the item.