With Insite you track your progress by assigning your items a status, see Change an Item's status. However, in some instances, you will not have permission to change an item's status. This is where the request status update feature comes into play. Use this feature to send a notification to someone who does have permission to update the item's status. Include a comment to describe why you think the status needs to be updated so that they can sign it off, see Approve or reject a status request.
To request a status update:
1. Open up an item you would like to request a status update on.
2. Go to the Status requests heading and tap Request status update.
3. You will be presented with the New status request page. First, choose which status you would like the item to be updated to under the New status heading. You will see that this screen informs you of the current status and gives you options to choose one of the other statuses'. Next, you must add a comment in the comment field under the Comment heading. Optionally, you can add an image, or images, to the request that will also be added to the item.
4. When done tap the ✓ in the top right of your screen.
5. To complete your status make sure to save your changes to the item by tapping the ✓ in the top right of your screen on the Manage item page after you have exited the New status request page. Your status request will now be logged and an indicator will show up on the item to let people know that there is a request outstanding. The relevant users will also get a notification.